Soyoung's Portfolio

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Excursion To Kurigai National Park

Excursion To Kurigai National Park
15th. Mar. 2005. SoYoung Lee

Two weeks ago, AMES Bankstown students from level 2 and level 3 classes went on an excursion to Kuringai National Park.

That morning, I got up at 5am because I had to make some Kimbab, which is like sushi, for lunch. Also my husband had to leave home at 7 am to go to the airport to meet his parents.

I arrived in front of AMES Bankstown at 8.25. Some students brought their husbands, wives and kids. At about 9 o’clock, we departed for Kuringai National Park. Suddenly it started showering and then after a while it was clear.

It took about 2 hours before we arrived there. We got out at Commodore Lookout at the end of West Head Road and took some photos and then had a rest time for coffee and tea. The bus driver brought some coffee, tea, cool water and cookies for us. I was impressed him.

After that we had bushwalking time along the path through bushland for about 1 hour. I saw Aboriginal Rock Carvings, a lizard and took pictures of them. Some people saw a wallaby and other wild life.

At last we reached the Basin picnic area in the park. It was such a beautiful place. There were campers with tents and a large lake. We had a happy lunch time.

Next we got on a ferry to Palm Beach. The bus driver was waiting for us there. Soon our bus was on the road that ran along the seashore.

Today I took many photographs with my classmates. I arrived home at 5.30. I was so tired but it was a nice excursion. We decided to go on an another excursion to the Blue Mountains with Marina on the bus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home